Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why Does My Towel Stink

ELEMENTAL

That is, sometimes the rewards are slow around the world and back.
In 2007 I found on the Internet to collaborate on the proposal for a workshop entitled "Periodic Table Printmaking Project." To organize it was a girl U.S. Jennifer Schmitt from Concord, Massachusetts (I did not know), he had thought of asking printmakers (in Italian there is no word as beautiful to indicate the artist who makes prints) volunteers from around the world to choose an element of the periodic table and to create a 12x12 cm print. Then send a copy to the organization only for the mere sake of filling a periodic table art collective.
I did not get the top and I could not choose the item that I wanted (arsenic), and then I cuccai the first free something that inspired me, or No 83, bismuth. I produced an etching and I printed helped by the advice of Moreno Chiodini, my sensei Italian gravure printing and ink, that I was taking a course at the School of the Castello Sforzesco in Milan.
83 Bismuth
the end, the project appears 'as a corpus of 118 prints, created by 97 artists - most of them Americans - using a wide variety' of printing techniques (linocut, woodcut, intaglio, lithography, serigraphy and monotype) .
The organizer of the project and not 'infrattata prints and greetings: Every time the group updated with news of his attempts to find a publisher who published your work in an instructional book or something like that. Now, after four years, and I 'arrived in the mailbox, and great news that the project' became part of a more 'extensive exhibition Scientific / Education in Philadelphia, visited from February 4 until the end of the year:
Elemental Matters. Artists imagine Chemistry Including the Periodic Table Printmaking Project at the Chemical Heritage Foundation in Philadelphia, February 4, 2011. On view until December 16, 2011.

The list of artists participating in the project.


Prints reorganized according to the atomic number of elements.


Te-heeee! The moment of pride for you personally! ^ ^

day like today I would choose the type elements or Seaborgium Darmstadt, I like to invent, but back then I wanted to make a print with a color element pinkish ... I only regret that it can not go to Philadelphia in person bullies of the event, even though I have until the end of the year to make a detour! :) Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment